Hey! I finally sat down and made these chokers. I thought of the idea of a denim choker after seeing Kim in one with her mini dress. I figured the fabric would be inexpensive and the labor well there wasn’t much.
1. Measure the circumference of your neck (you could always use a choker you already have too) for the type of closure we’ll have I say cut it about half an inch shorter
2. Measure how wide you want it, think skinny or thick. My choker was 2 1/4 in.
3. Cut the fabric
4. Distress the Fabric
4a. First I pulled at the white strings that ran horizontal to the way my fabric was cut. You can stop here if you like. I wanted a bit more
4b. Second I pulled at the blue strings that ran vertical on my choker, not a lot but some.
5. Cut a small piece of gold elastic
6. Fold the fabric, and cut a super tiny slit about half an inch from the end
7. Thread in the gold elastic, and by thread I mean push it in
8. Tie the ends into a knot, that should give youloop
9. Now cut a longer piece of gold elastic and do step 6 & 7 again on the opposite end.
10. Tie a knot on the end of the elastic coming out of the back of the choker. Cut off the tail
11. Now tie multiple knots on top of each other & cut off the tail
12. Trim the fringe & the ends of your choker. You want it to look distressed, but we’re going for controlled chaos, not wild and free. I had not done that in this picture because I hadn’t noticed the wild yet lol.
That’s it! NOW I’m extra so my closure was different. There is a much easier way to close it. After step 4 you would place one piece of Velcro on the inside of the choker, and the other piece on the outside of the other end. I would suggest if you do it this way cut your choker longer than your neck circumference.